Location: Portishead, Bristol
Reporting to: Managing Director
Salary; £30,000-£40,000 (depending on experience) + pension and company bonus scheme
To manage the running of bClear from a business perspective
- To ensure the smooth running of the business
- To complete, and keep up to date, bClear accounts and reports
- To support the CEO and MD with business operations
- To support the CEO and MD with PA duties
- Business administration and office management
- Accounts, records and bookkeeping (Xero)
- Timesheet management
- Invoicing and payment monitoring
- Financial reporting
- Basic IT / office equipment management (with external IT support)
- Diary management for CEO and basic PA duties for CEO and MD
- First point of contact for incoming phone calls, taking inbound journalist requests and communicating these to the team
- HR administration (With external support) – New starter induction, equipment, contracts, keeping policies up to date etc
- Managing our charity / ESG objectives
The ideal candidate:
This person will be the office bedrock – the hub – the ‘go to’ who makes it possible for everyone else to concentrate on doing their own job as efficiently as possible.
Calm and unflappable under pressure.
A great communicator – they will have everything under control, but it’s just as important that everyone around them has full confidence and can relax knowing their request is in good hands.
Highly organised, juggling multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously. Able to switch quickly between tasks as required and prioritise according to the needs of the business.
A real eye for detail is critical, even when the pressure is on. Whether that be spotting a typo or an inconsistency in the way two reports are presented.
An outgoing, positive disposition. As the first point of contact for clients, suppliers and the media, and the ‘go to’ person for our team having a ‘can do’ attitude and energy is a must.
Why work for bClear?
• Established 2005 – we’re a trusted and stable business.
• Our unrivalled reputation, and relationships with the media in our sectors – account managers can build on existing goodwill and brand recognition.
• Our results are outstanding…
o Total amount of coverage for last calendar month – 1,495
o Total online reach for last calendar month – 558,208,442
• The opportunity to learn from one of the most experienced and respected PR professionals in the business, our CEO Debbie Staveley.
• Great time to join the team as we expand our digital service areas
• Beautiful offices – free onsite parking, channel views, meetings in the garden and the Ship Inn a few minutes’ walk away!
• Charity and community work has always been close to our hearts. Over the past 18 years, we have provided support to over 30 charities both locally and internationally, and in 2021 we launched the bClear Charity Fund.
• Our core values…
How to get in touch
Whether you’ve got an urgent need for effective PR for your business, or just want to find out more about how we work, we’re always happy to chat.