Reporting to: Managing Director, Ben Hollom
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior PR Account Manager / Account Director to join our growing team.
This position requires a strong background in public relations, proactive client management, and a passion for building strong media relationships. You will play a pivotal role in developing and executing strategic campaigns for clients in the financial services and construction sectors.Key responsibilities:
1. Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, serving as the primary point of contact, staying abreast of developments in their business and ensuring exceptional client satisfaction.
2. Help put in place, then develop and implement comprehensive monthly PR plans that align with client objectives and target audiences.
3. Proactively pitch story ideas and secure media placements across various channels, including print, digital, and broadcast media.
4. Craft well-written, well-targeted and captivating press releases, articles, comment pieces, social media and digital content.
5. Constantly identify and develop new opportunities to promote clients and enhance their reputation through both media relations and broader communications.
6. Be alert to potential issues within a client’s organisation and help to develop an issues management plan to avoid or mitigate against negative stories.
7. Monitor and measure the success of campaigns, leveraging key metrics and analytics to refine strategies and deliver insightful reports to clients on time.
8. Manage account executives / junior team members as required, providing guidance, mentorship and training to develop their skills.
9. Develop and maintain relationships with journalists, media outlets, and influencers to enhance media coverage and maintain a strong network that will be beneficial both to clients and bClear.
10. Conduct thorough research and analysis of industry trends, competitor activities, and media landscapes to identify potential risks and opportunities.
11. Stay up to date on industry trends, best practices, and advancements in PR.
12. Contribute suggestions to help the growth and improvement of the agency.
The ideal candidate:
This role will be ideal for a person who can think on their feet, is bursting with ideas and has a drive to be deeply respected by their clients, working to the very highest standards and principles.
You will be a people person, who loves making friends with clients, journalists and those around you. You won’t be frightened of picking up the phone to create or develop a relationship.
You may well have worked as a journalist as well as in PR and will have a passion for writing – delivering captivating copy that inspires people to take action.
For the right person this job provides the opportunity to really make a difference, both to our clients, and by playing a part in the growth and the future direction of the agency.
Desired background & attributes:
1. An experienced PR professional with a proven track record (5 years+).
2. Demonstrable experience in taking full ownership of integrated PR, communications and marketing campaigns, from concept to execution and reporting, delivering measurable results.
3. Strong leadership skills – the ability to provide clear direction and feedback.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling narratives.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with clients, media professionals, and internal stakeholders.
6. Deep understanding of traditional and digital media landscapes, including social media platforms and influencer marketing.
7. Proficiency in PR and analytics tools, such as media monitoring software, social listening tools, and content management systems.
8. Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
9. The ability to think strategically, analyse data, and make data-driven decisions to optimise PR campaigns.
10. Ideally qualified in PR or journalism.
11. Knowledge of financial services and/or construction markets would be highly beneficial.
12. Willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to get the job done well.
13. Being open, honest, ethical, conscientious and trustworthy are important values, as is the willingness to continuously learn.
Why work for bClear?
• Established 2005 – we’re a trusted and stable business.
• Our unrivalled reputation, and relationships with the media in our sectors – account managers can build on existing goodwill and brand recognition.
• Our results are outstanding…
o Total amount of coverage for last calendar month – 1,495
o Total online reach for last calendar month – 558,208,442
• The opportunity to learn from one of the most experienced and respected PR professionals in the business, our CEO Debbie Staveley.
• Great to time to join the team as we expand our digital service areas
• Beautiful offices – free onsite parking, channel views, meetings in the garden and the Ship Inn a few minutes’ walk away!
• Charity and community work has always been close to our hearts. Over the past 18 years, we have provided support to over 30 charities both locally and internationally, and in 2021 we launched the bClear Charity Fund.
• Our core values…