PR account executive
Full time role
PR account executive – Full time role
Portishead (BS20) near Bristol / Hybrid
Salary £26,000 – £28,000 per annum depending upon experience, plus bonus and benefits
Main Purpose of the role:
To be a PR professional, growing your skills with our help and mentoring. You will help with all things PR from liaising with clients, drafting articles and press releases and sending them out to journalists to helping us put our coverage reports together.
You will also be proficient in social media and digital communications using it effectively to help us and our clients grow our brands, helping us to lead the way in our PR.
We are a successful and fast-growing agency looking for an ambitious, bright and enthusiastic PR Account Executive who wants to make a career in Public Relations.
Benefits of being a PR Account Executive
- Generous Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid working available
- Grow and develop your career in PR
- We invest in training and mentoring to help you continually grow your skills and advance your career
- We will coach you on how to use press releases and comments as a platform to build and maintain strong relationships with journalists
- Be a part of our track record of delivering outstanding results in PR, communications and marketing
- Be a part of a team with flat structure, where every member, including yourself, influences and inputs to the success and future direction of the agency
- Be part of a team which uses strategies and communications to build trust, motivate audiences to engage with clients and ultimately help businesses to grow
- Help clients get seen, heard, noticed and understood
A day in the life of a PR Account Executive
- Writing press releases, blogs and articles
- Active role in social media for both for clients and bClear
- Help colleagues by sending press releases to journalists
- Help to find opportunities for client coverage
- Track press coverage as it appears, and produce/send coverage reports and round-ups to clients
- Continually develop your PR skills through courses, training and mentoring provided by bClear
- Help to grow and develop our website, keeping it fresh and up to date
- Produce monthly client reports summarising performance, proactively suggesting improvements and points on learning
- Help and provide support where necessary to our bClear team, so we are all in a winning position
- Communicate with and send information to journalists and develop an excellent working relationship, whilst encouraging them to come to us for additional comments and articles
- Enhance the overall client relationship
- Work with clients and bClear colleagues to ensure you understand the brief of anything that you are to write
- Stay well-informed of best-practice in PR, communications and media relations
Essential Skills of a PR Account Executive
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in PR or in journalism and ideally be educated to degree standard
- Excellent knowledge of the social media landscape and appropriate ways of measuring delivery
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, algorithms, publishing and distribution to fully optimise client campaigns
- Superb writing skills with attention to detail
- Highly ambitious
- Must be a quick learner with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure and demonstrate exceptional communication and time management skills
- Ability to think creatively to spot and take advantage of opportunities
- Willingness to go the extra mile and do what it takes to get the job done well (not bound to the 9-5)
- Essential values of being open, honest, ethical, conscientious and trustworthy (at bClear we are a team who interacts openly and honestly, we listen to each other’s points of view and embrace each other’s opinions)
Why work for bClear?
- Established 2005 – we’re a trusted and stable business.
- Our unrivalled reputation, and relationships with the media in our sectors – account managers can build on existing goodwill and brand recognition.
- Our results are outstanding…
- Total amount of coverage for last calendar month – 1,495
- Total online reach for last calendar month – 558,208,442
- The opportunity to learn from one of the most experienced and respected PR professionals in the business, our CEO Debbie Staveley.
- Great time to join the team as we expand our digital service areas and into new sectors
- Beautiful offices – free onsite parking, channel views, meetings in the garden and the Ship Inn a few minutes’ walk away!
- Charity and community work has always been close to our hearts. Over the past 18 years, we have provided support to over 30 charities both locally and internationally, and in 2021 we launched the bClear Charity Fund.
If you are an ambitious, bright and enthusiastic PR professional who wants to make a career and grow your skills in a successful agency…
Please send your CV and a short covering note describing your current circumstances, and why you are interested to email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you!
How to get in touch
Whether you’ve got an urgent need for effective PR for your business, or just want to find out more about how we work, we’re always happy to chat.