Beard case study
Beard Construction – Award-winning regional construction company with a commitment to excellence and an ambition to make a positive impact on the communities in which they live and work.
- To help maintain the chairman’s high profile, and raise the profile of the heads of each of the four key regions where Beard operates.
- To build on Beard’s reputation, earned over 125 years, for delivering high quality building projects on time.
- To become the contractor of choice in key sectors including education, healthcare and heritage/restoration. bClear was to increase understanding that Beard provides an excellent quality service in a collaborative way.
- Central to the family firm’s ethos is treating people fairly, including suppliers and subcontractors, a key feature in any thought leadership content.
- Beard also wanted to be seen as an employer of choice, highlighting its ongoing staff training programmes.
- In addition, a robust reputation management process was required in the rare event of accidents or other issues.
In the first full year bClear generated more than 1,000 pieces of coverage for Beard across a range of print and online construction sector media, with a reach of 39million.
At the outbreak of coronavirus bClear generated a record level of PR and communications to get the message out that Beard was still open for business.
Achieved successful balance between thought leadership and industry commentary with contract wins and project news.
Supported sector activity with increased coverage in areas such as healthcare and education.
What the head of marketing and communications says:
“Working with bClear has been like having an extension to our own marketing and comms team, providing significant support and guidance on a weekly basis, to help us through a very busy workload.
“As a result of working with bClear we have seen a dramatic increase in PR coverage and improved relations with journalists in our key sector titles, to the extent that they now come to us for comment on industry issues.
“From my perspective as head of Marketing and Comms, it’s crucial to have an agency onside that I can trust, and rely on to deliver consistently, particularly during the tumultuous year we’ve just been through. That is what bClear provides.”
How to get in touch
Whether you’ve got an urgent need for effective PR for your business, or just want to find out more about how we work, we’re always happy to chat.