At bClear, we are committed to making our local community a better place which is why last year, we launched our bClear Charity Fund. We have since awarded ten £500 grants to local charities in the South West of England.
In 2020, we opened our bClear Charity Fund, whereby charities and community groups in the South West of England could apply for a grant of up to £500. Since the fund launched in July 2020, we have awarded the following charities and community groups with full £500 grants:
- Penny Brohn: Providing free, integrative care to everyone living with cancer.
- Great Western Air Ambulance: Bringing the hospital emergency department to dangerously injured patients.
- Children’s Hospice South West: Three hospices across the South West supporting over 500 children with life-limiting conditions.
- Gympanzees: Enabling every child and young person with a disability to access regular play, to improve their physical and mental wellbeing.
- Avon Wildlife Trust: Working across the UK towards a common purpose of bringing wildlife back.
- Clevedon Curzon Cinema: Supporting vital repairs on their balcony.
- Conductive Education Bristol: Education sessions for children and adults with cerebral palsy.
- Nicola Corry Support Foundation: Supporting families who are living with cancer.
- The Harbour: Alleviating the distressing emotional impact of death, dying and bereavement for people in Bristol.
- Marie Curie South West: Providing overnight nursing care and emotional support to people at the end of their lives.
Our most recent grant was awarded to Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC). Ian Cantoni, community coordinator at GWAAC: “We couldn’t be more grateful to bClear Communications for their support of our lifesaving charity. GWAAC are proud to serve the residents of Portishead, and the support of local businesses like bClear means we can continue to be there for patients in desperate need.
“After a difficult year for us all, the kindness of our communities ensures GWAAC is there for your loved ones today, tomorrow, and for the future.”
For us to be able to work with and support local charities who are truly deserving is incredibly rewarding. Our core purpose as a business is to add value. This is a central value and is relevant whether we are discussing client goals or hitting our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental Social Governance (ESG) benchmarks.
Susannah Shaw, CEO of Curzon Cinema in Clevedon: “After over 50 years, the Curzon hopes to finally re-open it’s gorgeous balcony, and we are so grateful to bClear for this generous grant to help us recreate this new vision of our traditional balcony, and to welcome our loyal customers back to the full cinema experience.”
Our bClear Charity Fund is now an annual benchmark we have set ourselves as part of our wider ESG policy. If you would like to apply, download our application form, here: